If you are a Taiwanese citizen and wish to get married in Italy, you will have to submit to the Italian Municipality where the wedding will be celebrated, the authorization to marry) Nulla Osta, pursuant to Article 116 of the Civil Code) or the “certificate of marriage capacity”, issued by the competent authorities of the country of which you are a citizen. To obtain the Nulla Osta, the Taiwanese citizen must submit the following documentation to the Taipei Representative Office in Italy:
- Family status extract in the name of the person concerned.
- Single Status Affidavit issued by a Court.
- Chinese birth certificate.
The Nulla-Osta must necessarily contain the following data:
- SURNAME AND NAME
- DATE OF BIRTH
- BIRTH PLACE
- PLACE OF RESIDENCE
- NAME AND SURNAME OF PARENTS
- MARITAL STATUS
- DATE OF THE END OF THE PREVIOUS MARRIAGE (only for widowed and divorced persons)
- OVERVIEW OF THE EX-SPOUSE (only for widowed and divorced persons)